Find an electric tire pump on Bicycle-Pumps.com
When it comes to pumping a flat tire full of air then an electric tire pump is a great option as it eliminates the need to use a lot of energy to get the job done. It is important to remember that many people use their bike to travel to work; it is impractical to spend your mornings pumping your bike’s tires full of air using a manual tire pump; it is both tiring and time consuming. Additionally, electric pumps are highly versatile and can be used to inflate a variety of items including balls, rafts etc.
Did you know…?
The battery on your portable electric tire pump can go flat even when the pump is not in use.
To make sure that a battery powered bike pump does not fail you when you need it the most, make sure you regularly turn it on just to check the power level.
However the bulky nature of electric pumps means that they are normally suited to domestic use, mainly for basic bicycle maintenance purposes, and getting your kid’s bike ready for use. Many people also use them to get their bikes ready for their daily commute to work.
Electric tire pumps are also not suited to people who need a portable alterative to be used on the road during bicycling tours. Regular non-electric bicycle pumps are better suited to such applications.
Electric tire pumps list of benefits:
- The pumps are highly versatile and can be used to inflate numerous items.
- It is obvious that when using these pumps you require less energy as compared to using manual pumps.
- They can be great for servicing the needs of a group of cyclers as opposed to using individual manual pumps.
Electric tire pumps Drawbacks:
- They are normally bulky and hence not convenient to carry around. Even portable electric pumps are normally inconvenient to carry around due to their design and build.
- These pumps require regular maintenance and use due to their numerous, and complex moving parts.
- These pumps are more expensive, with prices ranging between 50 and 100 dollars. High performance ones can even go over the 100 dollar mark.
Features for the Ideal Electric Tire Pump
- If you are looking to buy an electric pump then it is necessary for you to have an idea of exactly what you are looking for. Electric tire pumps normally support various applications and should therefore come with the necessary attachments including Shrader and Presta nozzles, as well as needle valves for balls.
- Make sure that you select an electric pump that can be plugged into the cigarette lighter in your car. This helps you use it while on the road.
- Other additional features to look out for include a built in flashlight to work in the dark, a handle for convenient handling and a built in pressure gauge.
Tip: If you are new to pumping bicycle tires make sure you buy an electric pump with an automatic shut off feature.
Pumping excess air into bicycle tires results in reduced tire grip on the road surface. To avoid this, make sure that you purchase an electric bicycle pump which shuts off automatically once the optimum tire pressure is reached.
World renowned bike pump manufacturers such as Black & Decker have several electric pump models with the same function.
Tips on Using Your Electric Tire Pump
- Using the in-built-pressure gauge to monitor tire pressure while inflating tires is recommended to ensure you do not damage the tires.
- To avoid battery degradation, always charge and recharge the battery on portable electric pumps on a regular basis.
- The electric tire pump should always be stored away from moisture to avoid damage to electric components.
Selected Electric Tire Pump Choices
Viair 00073 70P Heavy Duty Portable Compressor – This is a great portable electric bicycle pump. It comes with a power supply plug that can be plugged into the cigarette lighter on a car. The pump is rated as a 12 volt 100 PSI pump. However the engine must be running for it to work. It comes with a smart carry bag and an inbuilt pressure gauge as well.
Black & Decker ASI300 Air Station Inflator – This electric bicycle pump is among the most versatile options in the market. The pump can be used to inflate anything from bike tires, balls and even lawn mower tires. This six pound machine is designed to be small and easy to operate. The pump also comes with a needle inflator, standard tire nozzle and an extension nozzle.
Q Industries HV18 Small Tire Air Compressor – This is a powerful multipurpose air compressor designed for use on a host of small vehicles including motorcycles, bikes, ATVs and UTVs and sports equipment as well. It can be powered through the battery or cigarette lighter. Among its selling points include its power versatility and durability.
Campbell Hausfeld RP4100 120-Volt Inflator – This five and a half pound electric pump is designed for use in inflating bike tires and a host of sporting equipment. It has a built in pressure gauge and carry handle. It is suited to domestic use as it can be plugged into the regular 120-volt outlets in homes. It comes with inflation nozzles and an inflation needle for balls.
Where to Buy an Electric Tire Pump?
If you are interested in buying an electric bicycle pump you are invited to visit these trusted online stores:
Buying an Electric Tire Pump on Amazon
and dance like no one is watching.”