|Schwinn Magnetic Bike Trainer||Magnet Indoor Exercise Trainer|
Sample Magnetic Bicycle Indoor Training Sands on Amazon
These bicycle indoor training stands are the most common type of exercise stands. Cyclist can easily exercise indoors if the outside weather is not favourable. These are termed as mid-level trainers because these are neither as basic as the wind trainers nor as expensive as the fluid trainers. Magnetic trainers offer a relatively smooth, quiet and realistic experience. Some often criticize these trainers for their linear power curve. Unlike real life where an exponential relation gets created between cycling resistance and your speed, magnetic trainers offer linearly increasing resistance with your speed. This issue gets resolved through the trainer’s variable resistance feature in which a remote level on the handlebar can be used to change the resistance. This makes it easier for you to adjust pedal level (easy to hard) according to your preference.
Who Needs Magnetic Bicycle Indoor Training Stands?
Did you know…?
Did you know that magnetic trainers are ideal for recreational cyclists?
Magnetic trainers are good for people who just want to do cycling for losing weight. They will facilitate you in following your training routine even in bad weather so as to continue deriving physical benefits of the cycling.
If cycling for you is a way to keep yourself fit and burn excessive calories, and you don’t intend to participate in bike races or cross-country biking, then magnetic trainers are appropriate for you.
You don’t need to invest in costly fluid trainers when your basic need is to exercise. Magnetic trainers let you continue your training regime even in bad weather conditions so that you are able to reap the benefits of cycling.
To use magnetic trainers, just like other indoor trainers used for cycling, you need to connect the stand to your bicycle. The rear wheel is attached to a resistance device so that you get a realistic experience. The stands’ conducted wind also has a major effect on the friction because while pedalling, the magnetic trainer creates real world resistance for the cyclist through the roller-driven magnetic flywheel.
Bicycle Magnetic Trainer Pros and Cons
- Nominally priced — These may not be the cheapest of all wind trainers, but are reasonably priced and tend to be cheaper than fluid trainers.
- Dependability — These are dependable and maintenance wise they are very user-friendly.
- Low noise level — New models of magnetic trainers are not very noisy and have low sound.
- Easy to setup — These trainers are very easy to setup and simple to use.
- Linear Resistance — The only shortcoming of magnetic trainers is that these offer linear resistance whereas real life cycling experience is non-linear.
Features to look for in Magnetic Trainers
You must look for the following features in a magnetic trainer while buying one:
- Multiple resistance levels — Since magnetic trainers have linear resistance curve, therefore, you must buy one having various resistance levels.
- Foldability — It is important because if you don’t have sufficient storage space in your house, then it will be difficult to place the trainer. Buy one that can easily be folded and stored under the bed.
- Stability — Like all other bicycle training stands, magnetic trainers also must be stable.
- Price — Always go for the trainer that offers good value for money.
- Fits all bikes — Versatility should be given priority because a trainer should accommodate all sorts and sizes of bicycle.
- Warranty — Go for a long term warranty.
Popular Magnetic Trainers Manufacturers
Some popular manufacturers of magnetic based bicycle indoor training stands are as follow:
Suggested Magnetic Trainers
This is a very popular model offering various resistance levels. Although it is fairly generic model in trainers range but it is reasonably priced and can work as a starter unit or as the substitute of an actual ride. You can use it daily and it has a limited lifetime warranty.
This extremely sleek and stylish unit is far superior to those basic wind resistance models. It not just offer smooth changeover between levels but also has versatile workout routines, which make it perfect for long-term usage.
It is very stable and even during severe pedalling, it remains grounded. On drawback is its resistance selection mechanism, which is a bar mount design that is to be connected via cable to the base.
Kinetic by Kurt is well designed, durable, user-friendly and versatile equipment. It is perfect for cross-training as it offers various resistance levels. Its bar mount resistance selector and the swift connect/ disconnect knob greatly helps in installation and breakdown.
It has the largest flywheels that are available on trainers in the market today, which adds to its high end resistance range.
Where to Buy Magnetic Bicycle Indoor Training Stands?
If you are interested in buying magnetic bicycle indoor training stands you are invited to visit these trusted online stores:
Buying Magnetic Bicycle Indoor Training Stands on Amazon
Buying Magnetic Bicycle Indoor Training Stands on eBay
and dance like no one is watching.”