More and more people than ever are aware of the health benefits of bicycling, and though are adopting bicycling for health as a way of life. You don’t have to stay inside a fitness center, take a yoga class and pay all those class fees to get a great workout! After an initial investment, cycling is one of the safest, most convenient and most affordable forms of exercise. Better still, it can be enjoyed by people of all ages and fitness levels, in almost any climate.
Bicycling Health Benefits
You will be interested to know that cycling offers many health benefits. These include, but are not limited to:
- Reducing the risk of many ailments, like coronary heart disease
- Increasing stamina, thereby making day-to-day activities easier
- Increasing muscle tone by providing a complete leg workout
- Strengthening the immune system, helping you to fight off colds
- Reducing resting heart rate and blood pressure
Why Cycling Is Better Than Other Sports
Bicycling for health is the way to go. Although every form of exercise has its merits, cycling has several benefits that distinguish it from other sports. Some of these benefits include:
- Can be done anywhere
- Not a weight-bearing exercise like running, and so fewer injuries
- Can be enjoyed at any age
- Can be combined with other activities, like commuting by bicycle to work
- Includes many different sorts of cycling for all types of people
Did you know…?
Did you know that cycling is much easier on the joints than running?
Constantly pounding the pavements when you are jogging puts a lot of stress on your ankles, knees and hips in the long run. In comparison, cycling tends to be a little hard on your knees, but is still a much more injury-free sport than running!
Books About Health Benefits of Bicycling
More information about biking, and about the health benefits of bicycling can be found on several informative books. Take a look at these selected books from Amazon